In addition, there are indications that there is an increased general threat of abduction of foreigners in Punjab and the Rawalpindi/ Islamabad metropolitan area.
While and there are no known specific threats against NGOs facilities and personnel at this time. staff of these NGOs have been advised to remain particularly vigilant and review personal security measures.
In particular, staff has been reminded of the following precautions:
- Change routes and timings to/from offices.
- Avoid walking alone, particularly during hours of darkness and be aware of your surroundings.
- Hiking activities on the Margalla Hills should be limited to trails 3 and 5, conducted in groups at peak time.
- Monitor residential guards closely and ensure compliance with standard access control procedures, as well as increased vigilance of the immediate area.
- Report any suspicious activities or other incidents to their security personnel.