1. No Tenure / No Pension: Parliamentarians collect a salary while in office but should not receive any pay when they’re out of office.
2. Parliamentarians should purchase their own retirement plans, just as all Pakistanis do if they can afford it.
3. Parliamentarians should no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Their pay should be linked to the CPI or 3%, whichever is lower.
4. Parliamentarians should lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the remaining populace of Pakistan.
5. Parliamentarians with tainted records, criminal charges and convictions, past or present should be summarily banned from the Parliament and fighting election on any pretext or the other.
6. Parliamentarians should equally abide by all laws they impose on the people.
7. All contracts with past and present Parliamentarians should be void effective 1/1/14.
The people did not make this contract with them. Parliamentarians made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Parliament is an honor, not a lucrative career. The founding fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.